Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One Year of Fun

Okay, so I know that I already posted on Quinn's birthday celebration but today is her REAL birthday. Today has been a day of many different emotions- mostly for Jaime and I. For Quinn, today is just any other day (maybe a little more fun than most). Jamie and I looked at the video clips that we've taken up until now and just cannot believe how much out little princess has grown and changed in just one year. Amazing! I did get a little teary eyed knowing how fast time goes by and how she is not a little bitty baby any more. On the other hand I am so excited for Quinn to enter the toddler years and wonder what this year will bring. Lots of action is my guess!

So on Quinn's real birthday, we wanted to do all of the things that Quinn loves doing. This morning she ate pancakes and oatmeal- she is a lover of mama's pancakes! After breakfast, we got ready and headed to a friend's house for a play date. I was so sad that my camera was out of batteries when we arrived- no pictures of the play date. :( We came home and had a really long nap then played with some musical instruments that Q got for her birthday party. Jaime came home early and we turned her carseat around (FINALLY) so she now faces forward. It was so cute watching Quinn look around at everything from a different vantage point. Then we came home and had pizza for dinner, another one of Q's favorite cuisines. We gave her our birthday gift after dinner, a water table. She loved it! To end our day of fun, Quinn had a giant cupcake and some milk. Okay, maybe just a sip- but its a start, right? Here are some pics:
I realize that I should probably cut Quinn's bangs now that I'm looking at this picture. And I also realize that I was never meant to be a baker. The mess in front of Quinn is supposed to be a giant cupcake. Guess I'll stick to sewing. Oh well, it still tasted good!

4 comments:

Jen McD said...

OOOH jealous we 're dying for a water table! Glad she had a special day! Love ya' Quinyy pooh!

Jen & C-Money (okay just kidding please don't ever call him that ROFL)

Momtini said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing! I'm glad y'all had a good day. It's these little moments that you'll never forget. Oh and I'm impressed with the cupcake:)

EGPate said...

So great. This is such a fun age. Got to love that big cupcake!

Katie said...

Lele has the same swimsuit. They can be twins at the splash park and pool this summer.