Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi!!!

Quinn has really started to talk up a storm! Whenever we go to the grocery store or anywhere in public, and she sees another person, she'll say "Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi...." until the other person acknowledges her. It is really cute to hear since she has a really high pitched (and sometimes squeaky) voice. She's like a little parrot in our home. She tries to mimick everything we say- and sometimes she sounds pretty darn close to it! Here are some of the other things she's been saying lately:

-No: She loves to grab some food off of her plate and look at me right before she's about to drop it on to the floor and say "No, no, no, no."
-Dog- sounds like d-d-dog
-Cheese- sounds like sheese
-Baby
-Bird- sounds like bud
-Mommy
-Daddy
-Watermelon- sounds like ma-ma-me-men
-Outside- shide
-Ball- sounds like baa
-Elmo- sounds like memo

She's almost fluent in sign language-jk! She can sign:

-more
-all done
-water
-eat
-milk

I guess this all means that Jaime and I [mostly Jaime ;)] need to really watch what we're saying when we're around the little parrot. I just know she'll be that little girl in Kindergarten that always says "My mommy said.....".
This beautiful picture (and the one at the top of the blog) was taken by a good friend of mine at a Luau birthday party last weekend. Visit www.gigglesandbliss.com to see more!

2 comments:

Williamson's said...

I LOVE the picture in your header-- it's beautiful!!! I still can't believe she is 1. She is just too cute! did you teach her sign language? I think that's so neat-- fill me in!

Danita said...

Hey Carrie! We bought a Baby Einstein First Signs DVD and watched that first. Then I used the signs while we were eating, playing etc.. while saying the word and she just picked it up! Now she attempts to say the words while signing. I swear, they're like little sponges!