Thursday, April 7, 2011

Keepin' Up (Or Trying To)

Do you ever feel like one of those little gerbils running on a wheel?  Like you can never get to the top?  That is what I feel like right now and maybe it is because of the pregnancy, Jaime's broken arm, and a full of energy toddler, but whew- its been crazy over here!  We're getting ready for Quinn's 2nd birthday this month (yikes, two already??) and we're having it here at the house so that is another thing keeping us busy.  We had to hire a couple teenagers to help us with the yard since between both Jaime and I, we're pretty much useless.  I'm wondering why we didn't do this sooner?  They rock and have so much more energy than we do!

Anyway, things are going well with the pregnancy and I am almost 15 weeks. My belly really seemed to pop this weekend.  I'll get Jaime to take a picture (with his good arm) tonight and post it soon. 

In the land of Quinn, she is getting funnier than ever.  Her imagination is really running wild with funny stories of animals in her room and seeing Barney at Jason's Deli.  The other day we were at Hobby Lobby checking out and she starts yelling "Mommy I see a kangaroo under that truck!!".  I kinda said "Oh wow.", like it was just another figment of her imagination.  Well sure enough, when we walked outside there was a jack rabbit under a truck.  Not quite the same as a kangaroo but close!

Here are a couple pics of her recently in her imaginary play:

Here she is pretending to put jelly on her belly just like Dr. Garza does to my belly when we go for our check ups.  She is always saying "Mommy, look at the baby in my belly!".

Playing with her little people: "Daddy has to go to work.".

She was saying "Shhh puppy, its ok."  Did you notice her necklace?  She got this for her first birthday and just recently found it.  She loves it!  We went to gymnastics on Monday and she said "Ooops, I forgot my necklace!".

Feeding her puppies (whose names are both Macie) a snack. 


No comments: