Friday, May 20, 2011

Names and Some Room Ideas

We have picked a name!  We've decided to name our little baby boy Joshua James.  I think it is so adorable and will grow with him.  We wanted to be careful not to name him, or Quinn, anything that wouldn't be appropriate as an adult- you know, nothing too cutesy.  It was also very important for us to give both of our kids unique names too.  Sooooo excited about his name!

We've also been looking at furniture and bedding and so far really like the Harper collection from Pottery Barn Kids.  I think I'm going to try and make most of it myself but use the room ideas from the catalog.  I think we're also going to add a little red in the room too- a lamp, maybe some pillows.  I'm sure it will all come together once the room gets started. 


I've been on the lookout for a lantern type ceiling light fixture.  The sheets in the top picture have little whales on it and so I thought it might be cute to try and do a little bit of a fisherman theme in the room, nothing over the top but just a few subtle accessories.  Pottery Barn Kids has this fisherman lantern but I'm not sure if I love it that much.  I think if I spray paint it red or navy blue then it will be perfect.
I've never really had to think about boy room decorations or accessories but it really is so fun!  I'm losing sleep over it as I lay in bed all night thinking of ideas and picturing what it will all look like.  Exciting!

1 comment:

EGPate said...

I *LOVE* the name!