Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kites!

This weekend was the annual Kite Festival at Zilker Park.  Quinn, Jaime, and his parents met up for a morning of kite flying fun!  I stayed home and cleaned (I know, how fun, right?), napped, and got a pedicure with a good friend of mine.  I was amazed at how much I was able to get done with no distractions!  Here are some pictures of their fun day:

Jaime let Quinn pick out her own kite- she chose Barbie.
Jaime's parents said that she was so involved in the kite flying that strangers would walk by and comment on how great a kite flyer she was!

After the kite festival, Quinn went to Jaime's parents and napped and spent the rest of the afternoon playing with them.  I thought it was so funny when we picked her up and I asked her if she had fun she said: "The little girl was hurting me."  I asked where she was when this happened and who the girl was and all she said was "At the playground, the little girl hit me on my head.".  Well after talking to Jaime's parents, it turns out a little girl was going to go down a slide and Quinn was going after her, the girl accidentally bumped Quinn on the head with her elbow.  I just thought it was so cute that she actually told me what happened!  This is a first!  But I'm sure not a last!

1 comment:

Livin' on the Edge said...

Too funny! Everyday when I pick up Merritt and ask her how her day was she will tell me every last thing... who was there, who got in trouble and went to time out, who 'hit' her. She goes on and on {I am thinking a future tattle-teller in my future!}.