Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Update

I had my first ultrasound appointment today and everything seems to be looking great!  Based on the ultrasound, my new due date is October 2, opposed to September 26 which is what was approximated two weeks ago.  The heartbeat was a healthy 160.  It always makes the pregnancy become so real when you get to see the little one inside, complete with a beating heart!  It was a very exciting experience!

In other news, my nausea has gone to a whole other level now and is just about unbearable.  That is part of the reason why I have not updated or posted any blogs the past few weeks because it becomes worse when I try to read or look at the computer screen.  Luckily, today I was given a prescription to help alleviate the nausea so I'm really hoping that will help.  Even if it takes the edge off, I'd like some relief so I can get back to a somewhat normal life.  Let's hope it works since Quinn and I are flying solo on Thursday to see my family in Phoenix!

Also learned today that I will not be able to ski on our trip we have coming up in March to Park City, Utah.  :(    I'm okay with that though- I'd rather not ski than risk anything happening to the baby or myself.  So, instead I will enjoy some nice spa time and take on the sights of the town by foot.  Jaime will have to enjoy the slopes solo- which might work out better for him as he won't have to wait on my slow self!

That's it for now!

3 comments:

Steph said...

I hear ya on the terrible morning sickness!!! Glad you got a prescription to help make things easier- I relied on ginger ale, ginger candy, motion sickness bands, crackers and a prescription, sadly, to no avail... oh the things we do for our kids. congratulations again!!!

Traci & Charlie said...

Hey girl,
Sorry the sickness is getting to you.
I wanted to tell you that we went skiing in early Feb when I was 20 weeks. I did ski b/c the doc said it was my call but I couldn't hurt the baby even if I fell. It was fine, didn't fall and took it easy but definitely was more tired and the altitude was a little rougher but stay hydrated. It was nice to get out there but did do some spa and relaxation/shopping time. Just wanted to let you know. Cause everything I researched didn't say anything and there was really no advice out there! Take care.

The Tooley Family said...

I'm so sorry you’re having such bad morning sickness. =( Hang in there Danita. Hopefully it will all pass soon. Glad to hear your ultrasound went well. =)
Bests,
Jackie