Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3+1=4

You may have already guessed what this blog post is going to be about, our little pack of three is now expanding- I'm pregnant!  SURPRISE!  Really, for all of us!  Ha, ha! 

About three weeks ago I just had a feeling that I might be pregnant, we all know our bodies quite well and I just knew that what I was feeling was another pregnancy.  I told Jaime that I was going to take a pregnancy test on Monday morning (that day after his birthday) before he went to work and he kinda just shrugged it off like it was not what I was thinking- maybe just a false alarm.  Sure enough, I was right and my test came back positive!

So the past few weeks have been sort of different ones.  At first, when we found out I was shocked, surprised, scared, unsure.  This hadn't fallen according to our plan and I wasn't sure how it was all going to work out.  Those feelings lasted a couple days and then we decided that this is God's plan and we are going to embrace it.  We might've thought it was too soon but maybe this was the way things were supposed to happen according to His master plan.

I have felt pretty tired and nauseous off and on.  If I'm comparing this one to my pregnancy with Quinn, I will have to say I am much more nauseous with this one.  Even looking at the computer screen makes me nauseous.    But maybe I'm just noticing these feelings more now with this pregnancy now that I'm home and not running around like a chicken without a head teaching 20 first graders?  Who knows.

I had my first doctor's appointment today, which was just more of a consultation to warn me of all of the things I should and should not be eating, doing, drinking, etc...  In two weeks I'll go back for an ultrasound and we'll be able to get a more clear picture on the due date.  Right now the baby is estimated to be due September 28.  But I swear I started feeling baby flutters yesterday, which doesn't happen until further along in the pregnancy.  My doctor said this could be anything from gas to mind tricks or I could in fact be further along than we think.  Oh boy, lets hope that is not the case! 

At any rate, Quinn is going to be a big sis and we are very excited to see what the next chapter of our lives will be like.  My heart is so full right now- we are truly blessed.

Hope you are surviving the chilly wind today- yuck!

15 comments:

Williamson's said...

YAYYYYY!!! Congratulations!!!! Quinn will be the BEST big sister and you are going to be amazing with two kiddos! I am thrilled for you and hope you feel better xooxox

Steph said...

congratulations Danita!!! Quinn is going to make an amazing big sister!

The Hunters said...

Wonderful news, Danita!! I am so happy for you!!

Jen McD said...

Ohmegosh! I'm so incredibly excited! I'm jumping up and down all the way over here!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!! So happy for you guys!!!!!

JZabodyn said...

Congratulations, Danita! What a blessing - you guys will be in our prayers :)

JZabodyn said...

Congrats to you and Jaime (and Quinn)!!! What a blessing! Our prayers are with you guys!!!

Sarah said...

OMG OMG YAY!!! I was just thinking about asking you when you were going to add to your famliy but I did not want to "pressure" you! Best of luck momma!!

Katie said...

This is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you, Jamie, and Quinny! You are such an amazing mother! I am always here to help you with anything you need :)

Katie said...

I am so happy right now! What wonderful news! Praying for you and baby and always here to help you with whatever you may need. :)

Daisy Doodle said...

Wow! What fantastic news!!! I'm so happy for your family! Quinn is going to rock it as BIG SISTER!

Boy Crazy Mama said...

Congratulations Danita! What another blessing for your family. God's plan is the best plan. Quinn will be in heaven with a baby brother or sister! YAY! : )

Danita said...

Thank you so incredibly much for all of these kind comments! We're truly thrilled to the moon and back! Now if I can just get a handle on this nausea.....

Livin' on the Edge said...

Congratulations!! Another little pineapple :)

The Dippel Family said...

YAYYY! We are so happy for you guys! You are going to handle having another baby so well. The hardest part in my opinion is being pregnant while having another little one running around. Once the new baby is here, it will come naturally. I hope you feel better soon!

The Tooley Family said...

Congratulations Pina Family! What wonderful news and many blessing to you all. Quinn is going to be an awesome big sister!!