Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Oh My Gosh!"

Quinn's favorite new thing to say is "Oh my gosh!".  I wonder where she got that from?

In other news, we've started potty training this past week.  Over the past several weeks, Quinn asked to use the potty quite a bit, so of course we let her.  My parents were here visiting this weekend so I was able to get lots of tips and support from my mom, who potty trained three kids!

We had great success the first few days with Quinn being so excited to sit on her new seat and wear her new big girl panties.  She had success going number 1 and number 2 (I know this may be a little TMI for some readers, but since I haven't done a baby book for Quinn, this blog is what I'll use in place of that to keep records) but just today started not wanting to sit on the potty.  We had several accidents today, which is a little discouraging since yesterday we had none.  But I need to understand that this will be a long process and we will just continue being persistent and continue all of the positive reinforcement.  I also got some great advice from a couple of the girls in my playgroup and my sister- it is so nice to have the support of  ladies who have already gone through all of this!

This is what our weekend looked like, hope you enjoyed yours!


4 comments:

The Hunters said...

How funny! She is going to be so embarrassed of this pic someday!

Momtini said...

Yay Quinn! Just follow her lead and keep your sense of humor:)

Jen McD said...

Go Q GO!!!!

Williamson's said...

"Oh My Gosh!"--- haha-- she is ADORABLE! How can she be already potty training! I have heard girls are quick learners....I bet she will be going (full time) in no time! Don't get discouraged with the setbacks...I am sure it just takes a few days to get the "flow" of things! Thinking of you guys! xoxo