Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"My Malloon"


Do you see how she has her baby in the shopping cart and her balloon tied to the cart? Someone's trying to be like momma now! So cute!


What a little chatter box we have on our hands now!! Quinn loves her balloons she gets from our weekly visit to HEB. The minute we pull into the parking lot she is screaming "malloon, malloon, malloon!" and literally won't stop saying it until we are in the store and have it tied to the shopping cart. She loves to ride around in the cart while pointing to her balloon and telling everyone who walks around it is "my malloon".

I am so amazed by how much toddlers can learn just by watching their parents! Believe me, we don't sit around with flashcards teaching Quinn new words. She just hears us say them, and says them herself! She is now putting two words together, like 'my malloon'. Here are some of her little two words phrases:
-big house
-all done
-all gone
-my daddy
-my toy
-what doing? (What are you doing?)
-where going? (Where are we going?)
-blue ball
-heavy book

We have to really watch what we say around her now too. The other day we made it all the way to JoAnn fabrics (from our house its like a 25 minute drive) when I realized I forgot my wallet! When I realized I had forgotten it I said "oh cr*p" and guess who reapeated me? Only she said "oh cap". I'm really not one to use bad language, but I guess I'll need to be aware of what comes out of my mouth at all times.





No comments: