Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

What a special day we had! Last year, Quinn was only a couple weeks on Mother's Day so we were pretty consumed with just trying to figure out the whole newborn thing and didn't really leave our house for any sort of celebration. If I remember correctly, Jaime went and got take out food for us and we just ate while watching Quinn sleep in her little bouncy seat.

This year was a little different, after a full year of being a mommy, I now have a better feel for what being a Mom entails. I LOVE being Quinn's mommy and wouldn't change it for anything in the world. She has changed our lives in such an indescribable way- we hardly remember what life was like before she arrived!

Jaime and Quinn really did spoil me yesterday starting with breakfast in bed. It was nice to be able to sleep in a bit (even if it was only until 8:00 am) while Jaime fed Quinn her breakfast and made us some delicious eggs, bacon, and hash browns. Quinn have me a gift card to JoAnn's Fabrics which is great because I'm always there! Later in the afternoon, we got ready to go to a Round Rock Express baseball game and as we were getting in the car, I found another giftcard for a massage! How nice! The last massage I had was when I was about eight months pregnant so that will be a very nice treat. The baseball game was fun too! Quinn loved dancing whenever any music came on and enjoyed eating a whole hotdog. After the game, we came home and played outside for a while then put Quinn to bed. Jaime and I worked on our flower beds until we had no sunlight left.

It was a great day and felt so nice to be pampered and showered with love. I am so blessed to have such a special little family!!

No comments: